Dose of prednisone to be taken?

i need to know how to take my prrednisone, ihave not takin it in a long time it is 20mg
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Balaji Chinnasami 1 hour later
Thanks for your query to healthcare magic
Make sure you are not self-medicating yourself. Don't take prednisolone without consultation with a doctor. It results in many significant side effects. Also, don't stop abruptly. It needs to be tapered gradually before stopping.

Dosage depends on the medical condition. Usually doctors prescribe once a day. If so, it has to be taken before 9am along with food or milk. Don't take prednisolone empty stomach as it can result in stomach upset.

Hope I answered your query. If you have any, I am happy to help or else close the query and rate it.

Dr. Balaji chinnasami MD