Dosage of tamaxofin for male gynecomastia

Hello, what is typical dose of tamaxofin prescribed for male gynecomastia and what is the duration of treatment?
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Regarding tamoxifen, an estrogen receptor antagonist which can be used to treat new onset gynecomastia, I will help you with some information.

As mentioned above, tamoxifen is generally used for new onset (within the last few weeks or months) of gynecomastia. The typical dose is 10 milligrams to 20 milligrams by mouth twice per day. The typical course of therapy is for three months at which time a physician can make an assessment as to how well it has helped.

I hope I have adequately answered your concern. I am available for your followups.