Dosage of Colimex syrup for a one month old baby

Frequency and duration of colimex syrup for 1 month old
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 18 minutes later

Thanks for consulting me.

Since colic is to be managed symptom based, there need not be any frequency and duration but it should be taken as required whenever colic is there. To avoid repeated follow ups, most parents are advised by their doctors to take it 2 times a day for 3-7 days.

That was the answer to your question, but I feel you should also know the following when you want to know about managing colic at home:-
“Colic is common in infants for first few months of life. It does respond dramatically within 20 minutes of administering the above medicine to an infant. Often the infantile colic starts at evening or night and child cries with tightened tummy and limbs. As infants do not speak or communicate, this can be mistaken for any painful condition and even painless one like nose block. So unless the clinical suspicion is certain one need not be giving these medicines”.
Hence I suggest you to take advice of your pediatrician before starting these medicines.

Drops are preferred over syrup for infants; usually most oral drops have doses similar to number of drops equaling weight in Kg.

Hope I have answered your query. Do write back if you have any further query. Please accept my answer if you do not have any further queries.