Dosage instructions for Lexapro

If I take Lexapro 10 mg twice a day how many hours can I space it out? I took it around 2 PM today and its 1030 PM now.
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 1 hour later

As a single dose of escitalopram remains in the body for 2-3 days, the total dose in one day is more important than timing of dose. Doctors usually divide the total dose into 2-3 smaller doses so as to reduce gastrointestinal side effects associated with a single large dose. Thus, you can take the dose at any time if you miss a dose for some reason but prefer it to take it 15 minutes after meals.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further questions. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.