Done with typhoid test. What does it indicate?

My widal test shows:

TO: Reactive 1:40
TH: Reactive 1:40
AH: Reactive 1: 40
BH: Non reactive

Does this mean i have typhoid and is this high or low? What should I do?

Also, the LFT shows:

GGTP: 56
Alkaline phosphate: 128
Albumin: 3
A:G Rtaio: 0.61

All other parameters are within range
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 1 hour later
Thanks for sharing your concern,
I have seen all your investigations reports, and my comments are following;

1) Your widal test is negative, if you are having fever, body ache, and other symptoms like nausea and vomiting to diagnose Typhoid we need clinical correlation.

2) Your Liver functions show slightly low albumin level, and marginally raised GGTP (gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase) and Alkaline Phosphatase.

3) Are you having fever, urinary symptoms like burning or frequency of micturition or cough cold with sputum is there?

4) Do you take alcohol or smoke?

Please provide above information so that I can answer in detail.

Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D.
Follow-up: Done with typhoid test. What does it indicate? 1 hour later
Dear Dr. Dubey,

Thank you!

I developed mild fever with acute body aches about a week ago with cold/synus after getting caught in a hail / rain storm with very chilly winds (5 degrees cent) three days before that. During the week fever went up to: 102 and was 103 yesterday. Initially I took a short course of Dolo which was not too effectve and have now been on cold compress and Crocin Advance which has bought down the fever and is now making me feel much better and active. I have been on a high liquid diet (juices, lime water, electrol and glucose) and eating oats and light meals - soups etc. I was a bit constipated through the week but its much better today. No nausea at all and I have been feeling hungry frequently but appetite is less. Fever has well under 100 since this morning.

Did the tests just as a precaution. Just FYI, I smoke very regularly (20 sticks per day) with very little alcohol (no more than once every 25 days). I have been taking Tibetan medicines prescribed by the doctor in McLeodhanj for the last 30 days and am continue to do so.

Appreciate your feedback.

A full series of general annual tests were done in January first week this year at Fortis, and all was clear - heart, lungs, haematology, abdomen ultrasound. All normal and functioning! The only tests that had issues were: Liver profile which showed Protein at 8.8, globulin at 5.4, lactate dehydro at 281. Cholestrol was HDL 19, CHOL/HDOL ratio 7.4 and LDL/HDL ratio was 4.7.

Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 54 minutes later
Thanks for your follow up.

You have history, which suggests fever is due to viral fever and with good hydration and paracetamol is improving, which means you are on the path of recovery. I would suggest visiting physician and taking prescription.

I cannot comment about Tibetan medicines.
You have two risk factors which can be modified first one is smoking my advice would be to completely quit smoking.

It is good to stop alcohol also if not then only take in moderation.
Other thing is low HDL level 19, which should be more than 45; Repeat your Lipid profile and if required statin may be given.

Regular physical exercise is helpful in increasing HDL (Good Cholesterol)
Your Serum protein shows lower albumin cause could be diet, Liver or Kidney disease.
Hope I have addressed all your concerns; I will be available for clarification if any.

Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D.