Done with tubal ligation test. Getting pregnancy symptoms. Is there any chance?

yes I am 31 years old I also had a tubal 3 years ago but I have been having all the signs of being pregnant, more milk in my brests than usual also my tummy is growing bigger sore brests itchy nippels I missed one month of my period and then the next month I had it for 2 day witch is not normal for me
Posted Mon, 13 May 2013 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 4 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,

Tubal ligation or tied tubes is one of the most effective birth control or surgical contraceptive methods. However, there is no contraceptive method that is 100% effective.

I suggest you get a pregnancy test done. Cases of women with tubal recanalizations have been reported.
Doing a blood beta HCG test which is more sensitive and specific for pregnancy, and probably an obstetric ultrasound, to actually visualize the womb (uterus) and its contents is advisable.

I suggest you visit your family care physician for this possibility to be ruled out first, before other diagnostic possibilities are considered.

Thanks and hope this helps as I wish you the best of health.

Best regards,

Dr Luchuo, MD.