Done with sugar test. Urinating frequently. Is the high sugar level due to anxiety?

I got my tests done for Sugar and few other things and the reports are attached. I want a viewpoint of a physician on this.
1. Could this high sugar level in my report because of anxiety, that iam badly scared of needles and was very anxious when the blood was taken ? Plus, i slept around 1.30 am last night and this sugar test was done next morning 11.00am / 1.00pm

2. So i've been having this problem with Urine since about an year now. I urine very frequently , most of the times when im driving, as soon as i get up, i have an urge to urinate badly. If im in a market or anywhere for hours, its never like that but each time when im driving or stand up from a long sitting or lying position, its always this way. I did a urikind and another course last year but that was of least help. My physician is telling me now to get a lower abdomen ultrasound done. Does this report put any insight to this problem ? The Urine i pass is like full blader...its not just the urge but its full blader most of the times

3. Anything else that this report points or you'll like to point out.

Thanks !
Posted Wed, 6 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
HbA1c Is High. You are Diabetic.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Heathcaremagic.

I have gone through your query and understand your concern.

No. Your high blood sugar is not due to anxiety.
You are in the category of newly diagnosed Diabetic.
1. HbA1C level is higher than normal reference range.
It is used to evaluate the control of blood sugar for last 3 to 4 months.
As it is high, Your blood sugar control is not with in normal for last four months.

2. Your both fasting and postprandial blood sugar levels are higher than normal range.

Sleeplessness may affect blood sugar. But your HbA1c Level is little bit high.

Urinary problem may also be due to Diabetes. One of the main symptom of diabetes mellitus is frequent urination (Polyuria).

All other factors are normal in your report

My advise is to consult a Diabetologist and have proper Oral Hypoglycemic agents.

Hope this helps.
Please reply for further queries.
Follow-up: Done with sugar test. Urinating frequently. Is the high sugar level due to anxiety? 9 hours later
Thank you for your reply. I was reading online in a health journal about how Low vitamin D levels increase your chances of being diabetic and so on. As you can see, my vitamin D levels are pretty low so could this be a contributing factor ?

I had i think too much pepsi and other sugar stuff in past months and could that be a reason for this high sugar level as well that HbA1c points to ?

Also, Im slightly overweight as per my BMI (about 10 KGs overweight) so perhaps its time to get some jogging etc. ?

Finally, My doc has advised now to take any medicine for now but to avoid rice and potatoes to begin with (my fav. food 4 times a week) and sugars and that should do bring it within control, what would you say about it ?
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Avoid high glycemic index foods. Take Medicines.

Detailed Answer:

Yes. It may be a contributing factor for your diabetes.
Low vitamin D also linked to obesity, high blood pressure, psoriasis, osteoporosis, chronic fatigue.

It is observed that Vitamin D is believed to help improve the body’s sensitivity to insulin (the hormone responsible for regulating blood sugar levels) and thus reduce the risk of insulin resistance, which is often a precursor to type 2 diabetes.

I have lot of diabetic patients.
Initially they do not want to accept that they are diabetic even after multiple lab tests with high blood sugar and Increased HbA1C.

The same thing is happening with you also. Please accept certain things in life. Just an too much of carbonated drinks does not cause High level of HbA1c.
Both your Fasting and Postprandial blood sugar is also high.

As far as your weight is concerned, your weight is too much than normal. Thus i advise you to have regular physical activity ie.. Exercise for 45 minutes for at least 5 days in a week. It is also very much helpful in controlling your diabetes too.

Please take medicines for diabetes. If you are my patient, i would start with metformin in low doses.

Try to take high fiber diet foods.
Have three meals and don’t skip breakfast.
Avoid High glycemic index foods like white bread , most white rice , corn flakes, extruded breakfast cereals, glucose, potato.

Hope this helps.
Please reply for further queries.
Follow-up: Done with sugar test. Urinating frequently. Is the high sugar level due to anxiety? 6 hours later
Does stress contribute to high sugar levels ? Past 8 months have been too stressful and as for my lifestyle, i travel 25 days a month and eat out almost all the time . Coke and fries being a part of atleast 1 of my meal almost all the time. So I do think that now that im back in town and going to get some sleep and get back in daily routine , its going to change things but thats my opinion. As for medicine, would it be alright to wait for say another month or so, repeat tests and see what results are ?

You think with a better lifestyle, control on foods and taking vitamin D supplements would help ? Im not looking for sugar coated answers but reality even if its against my opinion.

One final thing, i've developed this crazyness for peanuts and im eating like a lot of roasted peanuts each day . Would that in any way contribute to this sugar issue ?
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes.wait for 2 or 3 months and repeat the test.

Detailed Answer:

Yes. Stress can contribute largely to the blood sugar. Both mental and Physical stress contribute to increase blood sugar.

Thus we usually advice insulin for patients undergoing surgery and after surgery for some days.
The same is possible for yours.

we can postpone the test for 2 or 3 months.
Then we will recheck the blood sugar and HbA1C.

Till then follow the above said diet.
Have regular exercise.
Try relaxation techniques like Yoga and Meditation.

There are some studies recommending peanut butter for Diabetes.
But i usually do not so.
Because without diabetic meal and exercise, these things are not helpful.

Hope this helps.
Please reply for further queries.