Done with routine test, bilirubin level is high. On dieting to reduce weight. Advise?

Gastroenterologist
Question
hello doctor
recently i have done routine test results are attached which biluribon come high , i have serch on net diffrent places diffrent range is mentioned as per some this is ok and for another its not ok can you review this reports in total and advise
i want to add also that i was fasrting for around 14 hr as the test need to be on fasting . aslo i am on diete for amnsot 4 month and reduce the weight aproximate 6 kg in this time
Posted Fri, 21 Jun 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 1 hour later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you.

I went through your test reports.
The bilirubin level is not significantly high. Moreover the liver enzymes ( AST/ALT/ALP) are all within normal limits. So there is no need to worry.
Sometimes this occurs due to a harmless condition called XXXXXXX Syndrome.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Done with routine test, bilirubin level is high. On dieting to reduce weight. Advise? 39 hours later
Dear Doctor

can you review other parameter in report and advise specially vitamin d and vitamibn b12 . Also can you confirm all other things is ok

Your Vitamin D level is low.
Your homocysteine level is high.
Your uric acid level is high.
Rest are normal.

I hope that answers your question.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Done with routine test, bilirubin level is high. On dieting to reduce weight. Advise? 17 minutes later
Actualy doctor i can see this from report but what does this means and is it require some teratment . Like taking some supplement etc . What u will prescibe seeing this report

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 44 hours later
Since Vitamin D level is low, you need to take Vitamin D supplements.
For high homocysteine, try to avoid smoking/alcohol ( if you have those habits) and eat green leafy vegetables and take vitamin B supplements (including folic acid).
For high uric acid levels, try to avoid alcohol and red meat and repeat the test after 4 weeks.

I hope that answers your question.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini