Done with renal Doppler and adrenal ultrasound. Mid pole calculus found in left kidney. Surgery necessary?

Hi Doc,
I am a 27 years old male and recently had a renal doppler and adrenal ultrasound as a part of my work up for young hypertension. The results came back negative for both the adrenal glands. But a mid pole calculus of 6mm had been found in my left kidney. My Haemogram test (CBC+ESR+PS) were all normal but my physician asked me to undergo a 24 hrs urine test for the presence of excess catecholamines. My questios are:
1. Is there any suspicion for pheochromoctoma at my age? (I have no other symptoms like flushing, palpitations or severe headaches)
2. Would the renal calculus pose any problem for me in future and how could I get rid of it without a surgery?
Posted Tue, 10 Sep 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
HIGH BP needs evaluation. 6 mm stone needs nothing

Detailed Answer:
welcome to the forum.
High BP at your age needs evaluation to find out a cause. If adrenal source is detected, it is curable and you need not take long term medicines.

6 mm stone needs only diet and lifestyle modifications.

1. Plenty of oral fluids including fruit juices and coconut water.
2. Restrict red meat, fish and egg.

Hope this helps,
Best regards
Follow-up: Done with renal Doppler and adrenal ultrasound. Mid pole calculus found in left kidney. Surgery necessary? 13 minutes later
Thank you doctor for your reply. Just needed to know what is the probability of pheochromocytoma at this age considering I have no other symptoms, no discomfort and no family history of this condition. Also, haemogram, renal doppler and adrenal ultrasound have come back normal.
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
chance is not high

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
In the absence of the symptoms mentioned by you and if the blood pressure is not above 200 , the probability is not high.
Since your physician has suspected based on clinical examination and also that it is a curable form of hypertension, it may be of worth doing the tests.
Best regards