Done with metametrix test. Having itching and pain in the anal region, along with the scrotum and groin. Had a yeast infection. Treatment?

I just completed a Metametrix test and it showed, 'parasite present, taxonomy unavailable.' 'Yeast/fungi positive, +2'. Most of the other results were normal, except positive for aacA and aphD drug resistance genes. Also, my fecal SigA is 7, which I guess is fairly low.

I've had symptoms for almost 2 years now. Mostly itching and pain in the anal region, along with the scrotum and groin. I've had a yeast infection once, but the dermatologist thinks I've had yeast overgrowth this entire time. I've also seen a ton of doctors during this time and none could figure out what I had until this recent test because I've had a few stool and blood tests that all came back as normal before I tried the more detailed metametrix test.

I am meeting with my doctor within a week, but am looking for advice on what medications I should be asking for and what parasites, etc you think I might be suffering from. I'm also concerned since this issue has been ongoing for so long.

I have included my metametrix report and my blood results. I believe because the taxonomy is unavailable for the parasite, that means it's potentially a type of protozoa according to what I've researched online.

Thanks for the help!
Posted Sat, 31 Aug 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 13 hours later
Thank you for the query.
I have gone through your reports.
Most of them are normal and many of them have not much clinical significance in your context especially all those done in metamatrix stool test. So need not worry.
Possibly your groin itching is because of fungal infection for which you need to see a dermatologist for appropriate examination and treatment.
Drug resistance genes are not much significant in your context also the literature on them is inadequate as of now.
Also fungi can be normally seen in stools in healthy individuals also so need not worry.
Protozoa has some significance and needs to be identified by stool microscopy for amoeba, giardia (special stains ) if unidentifiable can be commensal / non pathogenic amoeba which need no treatment.
In all not to worry.
At the most some times an empirical course of anti helminthic and anti protozoal may be tried after consulting your gastroenterologist.

In all nothing to worry and nothing urgent.
Hope this answers your query.
Wish you a speedy recovery.