Done with medical test. Is the report normal?

Dear Doctor,

Appreciate your feedback on this medical tests I got, I did the test twice already on a two week interval, but the results seem to be consistently elevated.

AST - 49 and 42 respectively
GPT - 102 and 104 respectively
GGT - 310 and 324 respectively

- I am not an alcohol drinker, but maybe twice or trice only in a year when there are occassions
- 6 monhts ago my HBsAG is .27
- Hepatitis AIgG (HNIgG) is 10.35
- Hepatitis A HBS Antibodies is 124.54
- though I have a history of taking too many supplements in the last 5-7 years e.g. weight loss and energy pills, some grapeseed supplement and vitamin E, and takes some pain reliver medicines also.
- My height is 172 cm and weigh is 88 Kilos. a normal active lifestyle and i normally go to gym to do some light exercises and jogging

Thanks for your help

Posted Tue, 5 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please see the details

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

Your BMI is 29.7 which suggest that you are overweight which is a frequent cause of elevated SGOT and SGPT.

Also mobic may cause elevation in these enzymes.

So for this I will suggest you to continue with daily exercise and low caloric diet for reduction of weight. Your ideal weight will be around 72kg.

Also take tablet ursodeoxycholic acid and capsule evion for further improvement.

Also if feasible replace mobic with analgesic like tramadol which doesn't have any hepatotoxicity

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.
Follow-up: Done with medical test. Is the report normal? 28 hours later
Thanks Doctor,

Any recommended fruits to take and in general do you think that liver cleansing would help, and how to do it.

Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
All fruits are good, nothing particula

Detailed Answer:
Hello! All fruits are good, nothing particular.

If you do not have any further query , you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you a good health.