Done with many tests. All reports are normal except Triglyceride, HDL and SGPT levels. Suggest treatment?

Nov 2013

Dear Sir,

I have recently gone through routine check up including lipid profile, blood sugar, kidney function test, liver function test, Haemography etc. All my reports are normal, except for following :

1. Triglyceroide 198
2. HDL 31
3. SGPT 90.

kindly advice.
Posted Mon, 28 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
They are minor abnormalities

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for posting your query.
The abnormalities seen in your blood tests are minor and there is no need to worry.

1. Elevated triglycerides- these are abnormal cholesterol and should be kept below 150. As of now, you can take low fat diet and do regular exercises such as brisk walking/jogging/swimming for 30 minutes per day. Recheck triglycerides (lipid profile) after three months. If they are still high, then, you can take fenofibrate tablets.

2. Low HDL- HDL is a good cholesterol, so, it should be kept high, at least more than 40. Reducing intake of rice and exercises can help it to increase. There are mo medicines to make it high.

3. High SGPT- indicates mild involvement of liver, due to drug side effect or infection of liver. It may be due to alcohol too as well as due to pain killer tablets. Ultrasound of liver also can help to find if there is any disease in the liver.

I hope it helps.

Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology)
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website:
My blog:

Follow-up: Done with many tests. All reports are normal except Triglyceride, HDL and SGPT levels. Suggest treatment? 1 hour later
Thank you very much Sir. I will follow as suggested by you.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Thank you

Detailed Answer:
Thank you and best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM