Done with liver function test. What are the findings?

Rheumatologist
Question
I M 31 YR OLD-MALE. MY SGOT-84 AND SGPT -104 AND ALKALINE PHOSPHATE -270, IS IT XXXXXXX . I NEVER TAKE ALCOHAL
Posted Sun, 8 Sep 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not XXXXXXX but a matter of concern.

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir,

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well you have posted here your Liver function test results . Your values are deranged . Its not essential that alcohol leads to damage of liver . Some other problems like fatty liver , XXXXXXX , hepatitis etc may also leads to such results .

In case it is alcohol related Gamma GGT is raised . Anyways I suggest you to see a gastroenterologist and get yourself thoroughly evaluated . Since you have given no symptoms your diagnosis will be on further investigations as required like USG abdomen , HbsAg etc.

Dr. Shruti