Done with hemogram test. What are the findings in the report?

Recently I have gone through a Hemogram test and below values are found abrupt. Pls help me to understand the results and corrective measures

EOSINOPHILS     7.4     %     0-6
HEMATOCRIT     53     %     Male:39.8-52.2|Female:34.9-46.9
MEAN CORPUSCULAR VOLUME      131.2     fL     76-100
MEAN CORPUSCULAR HEMOGLOBIN      40.8     ρq     27.0-33.0
MEAN CORP.HEMO.CONC.      31.1     %     33.4-37.0
RED CELL DISTRIBUTION WIDTH (RDW CV)      15.7     fL     11.5-14.5
PLATELET     247     x 103 /μL     150-400
PLATELET DISTRIBUTION WIDTH      16.6     %     10.00
MEAN PLATELET VOLUME      8.1     %     5-7
ERYTHROCYTE SEDIMENTATION RATE      02     mm/hr     Male:0-15|Female:0-20
Posted Wed, 21 Aug 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 38 hours later
thanks for your query.
The only really abnormal value which I can see is the size of red cells, ie mean corpuscular volume is high. That is why the alert has been given of macrocytosis. But this is important only if the hemoglobin/hematocrit is low, which is not in your case. Your hematocrit is normal. Probably this is just a normal variant and nothing needs to be done, provided you are fit and healthy. Sometimes chronic alcoholism may cause this type of picture.
However, you may need to exclude liver disease and thyroid disease before finally saying that this is just a normal variant.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer further followup queries, if any.