Done with endoscopy and biopsy. Diagnosed Helicobacter Pylori positive. On Pantoacid. Worried?

I got endoscopy and biopsy done yesterday, doctor said Helicobacter Pylori as positive and given me Pantoacid HP for 2 weeks , he did not mention anything apart from this, he has mentioned in the report as suggestive duodenitis, while dont doubt the doctor, I am worried that I did not get more clarity, is this a critical situation.
Posted Mon, 8 Jul 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 8 hours later
Need not worry, get rid of your anxiety.
H Pylori is an bacteria which infects stomach lining causing chronic inflammation (swelling). It is fairly common in third world countries like India to get infected with this bacteria in childhood itself. This bacteria stay in the stomach lining for years and in some patients causing ulcers in stomach. So every body need not be tested and treated only those who have symptoms may need treatment .
So treatment in you if you have no obvious inflammation is not absolutely compulsory.
Do not worry.
Hope this answers your query.
Wish you a speedy recovery.