Done with echo of interventricular septal defect at diastole. Overweight. What could the findings mean?

hello doctor i recently had echo my IVSd is10mm at diastole and my posterior wall thickness is also10mm at diastole, im 26 year male overweight is there something to worry about.are there any chances of thickening in future as it is upper limit of normal.and what is the value for ther parameters for adults
Posted Sat, 17 Aug 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 1 hour later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

The measurement is well within normal limits.
The range (IV septum in diastole) is 0.6 to 1.1 cm
There is no cause for concern

Weight can be managed by life style changes – diet and exercise...discuss with a dietician.

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Follow-up: Done with echo of interventricular septal defect at diastole. Overweight. What could the findings mean? 9 minutes later
thank you doctorate its was a sign of relief but its in the upper limit of range
( 0.6 -1.1CM) im concerned about that just 1mm short of mild abnormal my question is it it usual for a average adult to have ivs 10mm and so the LVPWd...
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 10 minutes later

It is not uncommon !
Why should there be a range, at all !
Both values are similar...
It is not just 1 mm - 10% less than the limit!
Even up to 1.3 is only mild hypertrophy !
Stop worrying and start living healthy - diet and exercise

All the best