Ask a Urologist   »  

Done with cortisol test and showing abnormal. Suggest a solution?

Psychiatrist
Question
HAD SEVERAL CORTISOL TEST AM, PM, DEX SUPRESSION AND URINE. ALL CAME BACK ABNORMAL A FEW WEEKS AGO. (HIGH SIDE)

JUST GOT RESTED THIS WEEK, SO FAR SEVERAL HAVE COME BACK NORMAL. BUT SYMPTOMS ARE STILL SAME.

IS THIS COMMON AT TIMES?
Posted Fri, 20 Sep 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
Normally it doesn't happen this way. Either the present results are wrong or the previous ones were wrong. The cortisol levels do not change this rapidly provided there was no infection or any severe stress during the initial assessment.
Maybe you can get the same tested from a different laboratory just to be double sure that you are not missing on anything.
But the best part is you are feeling better and that is what finally matters.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy

Wish you good health,
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.

Follow-up: Done with cortisol test and showing abnormal. Suggest a solution? 7 minutes later
Thank you...actually I intended to say that I wa retested from another lab. I was prescribed a medro dose pack that I completed two weeks ago. Would this have lowered my levels temporarily?

Symptoms are stil present.

Thank you.

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 37 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes it is possible

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the follow-up query.
Yes you are right in contemplating that your medro dosages given from outside off sets the body steroid production and that could have lowered the high levels of steroids.
If symptoms are the same, there could be some other reason for your suffering. Probably you can discuss your symptoms on this platform or with some other physician who can physically examine you.
Hope it helps
Dr. Srikanth Reddy