Done with complete physical test and sgpt test came back at 51. ALT normal. Guide

recently I had a complete physical, and my sgpt test came back at 51. every thing else is normal. should I be concerned. My ALt was normal.
Posted Mon, 3 Jun 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
You have very mildly elevated levels o ALT (SGPT).
Such type of mild elevations are extremely common on routine blood screening.
There are various causes for such elevations like ....
Consumtion of alcohol,diabetes,obesity,use of drugs like aspirin and other pain killers,anti cholesterol medications,anti depressants,herbal health products,certain anti biotics etc.
The most likely cause for little high liver enzyme in you seems to be due to the recent use of lots of ibuprofen in feb.
Your reports are absolutely normal and so there is nothing to worry.
Enjoy your life.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck