Done with colonoscopy. Taking ducolax. Suggest the diet?

My colonoscopy takes place on
Wednesday, sept.4 at 11:30. I know I have to take only liquids red or green pr purple liquid .....and the Ducolax and Six glasses of Miralax around three. but what can I eat today? are mashed potatoes and sweets potatoes okay? fish, lean chicken, XXXXXXX sauce, any other vegetables? How about the inside of a peach..NOT the skin. Carrots? Broth with onions and carrots?
Posted Wed, 2 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 8 days later
Brief Answer:
Details needed

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
However I would require a couple of more details to help you in answering your query in a better justified way.
1) You stated that your colonoscopy is on Sept 4th. Is your colonoscopy over or is yet to take place?

Hope to hear from you at your earliest convenience.
Regards and wish you good health,

Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD
Follow-up: Done with colonoscopy. Taking ducolax. Suggest the diet? 13 hours later
I couldn't get the colonoscopy because I hadn't been able to finish the Miralax mix. Vomiting. Yesterday, I was able to take Osmodprep and went I for the colonoscopy this morning at 8 a.m. Horrible night, but in the end it was worth it. Bowel is polyp and some diverticulosis. Crampy today and very tired. Hope this cramping goes away. Still have lower back pain so it doesn't seem to be related to bowels. I think my back pain is a result of my serious anxiety issues. Do you have any idea what the back pain is all about? It came on just a few weeks ago. do I have an x-ray or pain specialist?

Thanks, I think I need to buy another membership.
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
It occurs commonly..

Detailed Answer:
Its good that you could go ahead with your colonoscopy.
Many patients who undergo colonoscopy have this back ache and it is suggested that this back pain is cause of awkward posturing of the back while the procedure is being done or some times we tend to contract our back muscles more than usual anticipating the pain. This causes sprain in the back and it is transient thing and will resolve with time.
Meanwhile if its troubling you, you can take ibuprofen or paracetamol that will reduce the pain.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.