Done with blood test. What are the findings from the report? Suggest diet and medication?

Nephrologist
Question
blood bicochemistry , my d.o .b 01/09/1979 my blood test report bilirubin 0.39 , bilirubin direct 0.24 , bilirubin indirect 0.15 s.go.t (ast) 176.1 u/l ,sgpt (alt) 265 plz any food and any medcin name my mob.0000 , email id YYYY@YYYY .
PLZ ANY FOOD AND ANY MEDCIN. Dear Sir, SGPT 265 , SGOT176.1 somethings... food and medicin advice to...
Posted Thu, 24 Oct 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query

Your liver enzymes are raised and it means that your liver is inflammed and most common cause is viral hepatitis.
There are various reasons for the liver enzymes to be raised so I would like to know more in order to come to a better conclusion
1. was any abdominal scan done? if yes please type out the impression
2. were any other blood test done?
3. do you have any symptoms of bloating, loss of appetite, nausea, fever or generalised body ache ?
4. Do you consume alcohol? how often do you consume and how much ?

For now please use the following dietary suggestion

1. Avoid red meat, dal, sprouts and oily food items
2. There is no restriction on tea and coffee but please avoid alcohol
3. Please consume lots of green leafy vegetables and fruits

The treatment for this will be based on the cause for the raised liver enzymes, however if I were to be your doctor I would have prescribed tab ursocol twice a day until further review.

I am awaiting your reply

regards

Follow-up: Done with blood test. What are the findings from the report? Suggest diet and medication? 26 minutes later
1) no abdominal scan ,2)no any other blood test ,3)not enzmes noany other symptom , 4) yes

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the reply

I would like you to do the following blood tests

1. Complete blood count, Hepatitis B surface antigen, Antibody to USG abdomen done
3. Avoid alcohol until the liver enzymes come back to normal

The best doctor to approach for this issue is a Gastroenterologist. Please approach one as soon as possible

I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me

Follow-up: Done with blood test. What are the findings from the report? Suggest diet and medication? 14 hours later
any medcin name

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Tablet ursocol

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the reply

As I have mentioned earlier medicines will depend on the cause for the raised liver enzymes. However Tablet ursocol twice a day is good for symptomatic relief. Please approach a gastroenterologist soon