Done with Pscyh Battery test. Have learning disability. History of diabetes, BP and cholesterol. Treatment?

Jun 2013
i to go the hospital for a battery of psychialg i have a learning disabilityall my life. They said it will take 3 to 6 hours long. i have had i few mishaps at work they have me off work untill all testing is dune. are they trying to prove me unable to do my job with this my perfestion is driveing a car hauler all over the usa.
Posted Tue, 9 Jul 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur 13 days later
Hi there ~

I understand your concerns. Thank you for posting on this forum to have your query answered. I believe that you have a medical history of hypertension, for which you are on Valsartan (Diovan); diabetes, for which you are on Januvia (Sitagliptin); hyperlipidemia, for which you are on Niaspan (Niacin) and Fenofibrate; and some vitamin supplements such as B12 as well as fish oil. From your writing I understand that you have an appointment for psychological testing for learning disability or that you are being seen for the same. A Pscyh Battery is a series of tests that allows a psychologist to test for learning disabilities or disorders to be able to diagnose what the actual problem may be. From your writing, I believe you have a problem with writing and grammar which would have to be tested extensively. The psychological battery usually takes a lot of time, like you have mentioned, about 3-6 hours and may take another day or two to be reported after the results have been processed by the technician and read by a psychologist who prepares the report. Many a time, the psychologist might do the testing. It is the usual procedure to apply for disability if you have one reported on testing. Please do not be perturbed by this. There are various factors that determine your problem and if you do have a disorder that amounts to disability you may be eligible for benefits as well as a job that would accommodate the same. You might have to consult your employer as well as an employment agency which will be able to help.

I hope this helps answer your question and am glad you are on medications for your medical issues. Please bring any prior records you have about your physical or mental health along with you when you go for the appointment. It might prove to be useful. I hope this helps.

Take care and have a lovely day!