Done with MRI of neck and lower back was hurt. Legs and butt muscles are affected and having wetting problem. Took benefiber. Treatment?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Hi. I have recently hurt my back. They did an MRI of my neck but I think in the process of the MRI I hurt my lower back also. Anyway, I know my lower back is very sensitive. It has affected my legs and butt muscles. Also, I have wetting problem sometimes... I leak. Today, I tried to go No.2 poop, and I had very pink blood. However, I do not think it is from my no. 2 area. NOt sure. But, I usually have a hard time going and don't go very often. But, I know I need to go more and I need to go more now. Well, last week I tried Benefiber and I went. THings were ok. But, this week I thought, oh I will try Aloe juice, just a cap full. This happend. Is this related? Should I go back to the Benefiber and/or a stool softerner because I know with back issue I should not try hard. I have never had low back problems. My problems are in my neck. I know this can be related also. BUT, since I just did these changes with Aloe and nothing then, with the Benefiber. My low back is very sensitive and I know the my no.1 area is very sensitive. Cloths bother it. I can't wear pants only skirts. I am going to do acupuncture to help my low back and calm this down. But, it the meantime, I am concerned about the blood. It happened as soon as I was done. I have a pad on now , and that is why I think it is not coming from my no.2 area. Sorry for this questions!
Posted Fri, 6 Sep 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Blood in stool is not related to taking Aloe juice

Detailed Answer:

After going through the entire description, it seems that your major concern is blood in stool and back problems.

As blood is very pink in colour, it seems fresh blood. It is probably due to injury to anal region by hard stool. It may also be due to hemorrhoids. This can be confirmed only after a physical examination by a general surgeon or a proctologist. For the time being, you can continue doing your regular activities including going to the loo. It might bleed a little. You are right in using a pad. But, please make sure that you visit a doctor.

Develop a water addiction because dehydration can exacerbate constipation.
Consume extra fiber and enzymes from fresh fruits and vegetables.
Get up and move. Sedentary habits make things settle and motion keeps things moving.

Try acupuncture, or massage therapy for your back pain.
You must avoid any activity that aggravates the condition, like bending forward and lifting heavy objects, sitting long hours on computer, inappropriate sitting posture, etc.

Thanks for consulting me. Hope I had been able to address your concerns. Let me know if I could be of further assistance.

Wish you good health. Take care.