Done with MRI of brain. What are the findings from the report?

MRI results for my brain has the following indications;
1. Chronic small vessel ischemic changes involving the deep white matter
2. Minimal; atrophy
3. Partially emply sella
My age is 62 years. I had lot of problems at work, where my supervisor for several years used my weeknesses without telling me , for me to make some mistakes repeated times, I got as if i got roped and lot productivity. I had to retire last year.
Please tell me how serious are the findings and what can be done to get rid of the symptoms.

With regards,

Posted Tue, 22 Oct 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Prasad 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
MRI changes are age related...

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,

The changes noted in your MRI report is quite normal at this age. Ageing process as well as long standing diabetes results in blood vessel narrowing. This narrowing in small vessels (lesser diameter) cuts of blood supply resulting in ischemic and atrophic changes as seen above. Empty sella is again due to atrophic changes in your pituitary gland which again is quite normal at this age.

As far as MRI findings are concerned, I do not see any reasons why these changes should be affecting your daily activities. Please elaborate your complaints, the problems and difficulties faced and the reason why this MRI scan was performed so that I can help you better.

Based on the details provided, I do not see anything unusual in your MRI brain which is really concerning. You need to keep your blood sugar under control to prevent similar problems in larger carotid arteries. Besides that watch your blood pressure and cholesterol, practice healthy life style, restrict smoking and alcohol if any and maintain weight in the ideal limits.

Looking to hear from you...