Done with CT scan. Suggested for colonoscopy to confirm if it is cancer. Need opinion

I have a CT report that says "There is eccentric posterior and inferior wall thickening of the terminal ilem measuring up to 1.2 cm without evidence of obstruction. There is moderate distention of a left anastomotic small bowel loop measuring up to 4.4 cm, also without obstruction". Getting a colonoscopy to find out exactly what this is but the radiologist is suggesting cancer. If it is cancer and I choose not to treat, how long do I have? Hi! Have you replied or are you still working on my question? Sorry, I don't know what I should be looking for.... an email? Okay, where did you go?! There is nothing additional in the report that would help you with my question. I gave you a direct quote from the report. There is no additional information.
Posted Sat, 9 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Colonoscopin biospy

Detailed Answer:

The CT image description fits well into a cancer presentation but there are many other conditions which can mimic cancer. I would recommend you to confirm the fact by a Colonoscopic guided biopsy, wherein a small tissue is removed and examined. This will give you accurate results and also identifies the type of cancer which helps us to stage the disease and predict prognosis.

Hope, I answered your query.