Done with AMH anti mullein hormone test. Does it indicate any abnormality?

my wife did the AMH anti mullein hormone and the result came 9,26ug/L and 66,12pmoi/L
I need to know your opinion
Posted Fri, 8 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
High AMH value, indicates PCOS

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX AMH, also called MIS (Mullerian Inhibiting Substance) is a hormone produced by ovarian follicles. It is a latest test added to know the Ovarian Reserve and chances of conception with IVF-in vitro fertilization cycle. Women with lower AMH have lower antral follicular counts and produce a lower number of oocytes.
After analyzing her AMH values, it is HIGH for her age, this findings is usually seen in patients with PCOS (poly cystic ovarian disease).
Optimal Fertility      28.6 - 48.5 pmol/ml     4.0 - 6.8ng/ml
High Level       > 48.5 pmol/ml      > 6.8 ng/ml

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile