Done waxing on face. Started acne on face. Suggest some effective cure

i have done waxing on my face for facial hair before 4 months since then my face started with acne and then i used many antibiotic creams and used acnil soap also but no change everyday i come out with one more acne so pls kindly help out with this problem
Posted Sat, 3 Nov 2012 in Acne
Answered by Dr. Kruti 11 minutes later

Treatment of acne would be oral medication, creams and daily skin care routine which further helps in acne.

1. Oral medication such as a course of antibiotic (doxycycline) for a month can help.

2. Various creams that are effective include
- Clindamycin gel twice a day only on the Pimples.
- Benzoyl peroxide 2.5% gel once a day on the Pimples.
- Retin A cream 0.025% on full face at night for 2 hrs.
One of the creams can be tried for 6 weeks along with oral medications under the guidance of your dermatologist.

3. In addition to the above, you need to follow a routine of cleansing and sunscreen daily.
- Cleanse your face with cetaphil cleansing lotion for acne prone skin thrice daily.
- Sunscreen needs to be used daily once every 4 hours; Neutrogena would be a good choice.

Hope these recommendations are helpful to you. Let me know if you have any doubts.

Follow-up: Done waxing on face. Started acne on face. Suggest some effective cure 1 hour later
i am trying to go for a chemical peeling would that be useful for acne....
Answered by Dr. Kruti 3 minutes later
Yes that would be very helpful.

Salicylic acid peels are very useful in acne and they give very good results.

You can definitely go in for it.

Hope this answers your query.
If all your queries are answered, please close this discussion.

Follow-up: Done waxing on face. Started acne on face. Suggest some effective cure 5 minutes later
May I know approximately how much this would cost and can u suggest me a doctor for this in HYDERABAD - ANDHRAPRADESH
Answered by Dr. Kruti 2 hours later
Its approximately 500 to 1000 rs. For each session. You may require 4 to 6 sessions.
The best suggestion is to write to YYYY@YYYY to find the right and location specific Dermatologist in Hyderabad. They will be assist with one with good reviews.

Let me know if you have any further queries, else you may close our discussion and rate it.