Ask a Urologist   »  

Done urine test, red blood cells, Rus cells and occasional epithelial cells. What does this mean?

I just had a urine test the microscopic examination results:
Red blood cells 0-2/HPF
Rus cells 0-2/HPF
Epithelial cells occasional

What does this mean?
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 13 minutes later
The results of your urine analysis are within normal limits.
Presence of red blood cells and pus cells upto 5 per high power field under a microscope ( HPF) are absolutely a normal finding and are not suggestive of any urinary pathology.
Epithelial cells are normally shed with our urine. Presence of an occasional epithelial cell in the urine is also normal.
Hence I reassure you that there is nothing to worry.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.