Done urine test EZ split cup, no drug abuse. Reason for amphetamine and opium positive?

Question
Hello, I dont do drugs nor do i have any history of any problems whatsoever, ( was born 3 months premature, but I am sure that information is irrelevant ). WHat I would like to inquire, is about the new Urine test (Ez split cup 4 row). I just did a physical and it was essentially like this
Amp M-Amp Coc, Thc Opi
C --- --- --- ---
P --- ---
With the colors, weight etc ( color cards ) all normal.
I have never done drugs and was wondering, if I tested positive for amphetamines (which would be speed I assume), and Opium ( which would be opium, or heroin which is an opate ), would the results in a lab ( or when they analyze the urine ) come out as present and high amounts, or trace amounts and I would pass. If this would come out as trace amounts, is it possible that the EZ Cup can detect and be wrong? or..is it right that if detected in an EZ cup, it is enough to be detected when analyzed as a high amount only, please help, I am very nervous just because I am Neive and really want this job.

Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Drug Abuse

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Hello.

Ez split cup test provides results based on Immunoassay Technique. The results shown (positive for amphetamines and opioids) may be false positive and may happen due to intake of opioid based pain killers, cough suppressants, diarrhea medicines and medicines for respiratory problems. If you are not taking any such drugs then probably the you will pass the test with flying colors.

Just be careful that do not give an early morning sample for test, drink plenty of fluid to clear your urine of any such substances and drink a cup of diluted XXXXXXX cider vinegar a day before the test to clear the test.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful.

Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Regards.

Follow-up: Done urine test EZ split cup, no drug abuse. Reason for amphetamine and opium positive? 4 hours later
Thhanks, that really helps, but just to confirm, If i have taken pain killers or anything as such thatt would come up in the test as an opiod etc, would the urine analysis be able to detect that it was a painkiller? or will it think it was a a drug, also I remember them asking if i had taken any in the last week, i dont believe i have so i said no, but how long can these aspirin etc stay in your system?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Aspirin does not show in the urine for opioid test. These pain killers usually get out of your system in 3-4 days. The test cannot differentiate if it is due to drugs or due to medicines.
Hope this helps.
Regards.

Follow-up: Done urine test EZ split cup, no drug abuse. Reason for amphetamine and opium positive? 1 hour later
Sorry not aspirin, Tylenol 1, or 3. I am sure I have not had any in a few days, regardless, if what you are saying is, the urine test (cup) cannot differentiate between the use of drugs and medication, and the urine analysis cannot either, than I am worried, just for the sake of being worried. Thanks

Hello.
Taking tylenol or aspirin are not going to affect the drug test results. So please do not worry.
Regards.