Done ultrasound scan of pelvis. What does the report says?

Mar 2013
Hi I'm 30 years old I had ultrasound pelvis just wondering what it means uterus is bulky and anteverted measures 103 cc been having browny discharged now for more then 4 weeks is this normal
Posted Wed, 6 Nov 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
By itself, a bulky uterus does not mean anything.
It could be a normal finding in some women, particularly those who have had multiple pregnancies earlier.
In other situations, it might mean that the uterus has fibroids ( benign tumours ), adenomyosis ( thickening of the wall of the uterus ) or endometrial hyperplasia ( thickening of the lining of the uterus ).
All of this would have been picked up on the ultrasound scan, just a bulky uterus signifies nothing.
SO do not worry about it.
You can still upload the scan report to me, and I would go through it for your benefit.
A brown discharge going on for 4 weeks is not normal.
It could indicate hormonal imbalance, stress, anxiety, recent illness, recent travelling or weight gain.
Thyroid dysfunction, polycystic ovaries, endometrial hyperplasia, polyps in the uterus or cervix, endometriosis , a miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy- these are certain conditions that can cause such prolonged spotting.
Again, they would be diagnosed by an ultrasound and combination of XXXXXXX examination ( per vaginum and per speculum ).
Please have a check up if not done.
All the best.
Please feel free to ask for further clarifications.
All the best.