Done ultrasound, ovulation test, taken Clomid. Chances of pregnancy?

Infertility Specialist
Hi.. I was on clomid for 4 courses but didn't get lucky.. This cycle I didn't get the clomid and with the ultra sound result was on the 10 day is follicle with size 1cm , now is the 13 day and I did the ovulation test and it was positive.. Is there a chance to get pregnant with such follicle size ?
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Aniruddha Malpani 6 hours later

A mature follicle ( which contains an egg which is fertile) is usually about 20 mm size. However, this is just the average and there can be a lot of variation. The chances of getting pregnant when such a small follicle ruptures ( ovulates) are quite small.

However, this is very incomplete information to be able to provide an intelligent answer. Remember that the quality of my answers do depend upon the quality of your questions and how much data you provide !

Do a complete workup before starting treatment haphazardly.

You need ALL the following simple medical tests:

Semen analysis for your husband ( to check his sperm count and motility);

Blood tests for you for the following reproductive hormones - FSH ( follicle-stimulating hormone),LH ( luteinising hormone),PRL ( prolactin) , AMH ( antiMullerian hormone) and TSH ( thyroid stimulating hormone) on Day 3 of your cycle, ( to check the quality of your eggs). Do this from a reliable lab such as SRL (Super Religare Laboratories Limited )( Day 1 = Day the period starts.

HSG ( hysterosalpingogram, X-ray of the uterus and tubes, WWW.WWWW.WW on Day 8 of your cycle ( to confirm your fallopian tubes are open);

The vaginal ultrasound scan on Day 10-11 should check for the following.
a. ovarian volume b. antral follicle count c. uterus morphology d. endometrial thickness and texture

Please send me ALL the detailed test results and medical reports . You can scan them in as a single document or pdf file and email them to me.

With these test results, we can determine what medical problems are causing your

If there is a problem, then we can treat it !

Taking treatment at a world-class clinic will maximise your chances of success and give you peace of mind you did your best !

We look forward to helping you to have a baby !

Hope i have answered your query.I will be available for follow up.