Done total knee replacement. Have knots on knee, no pain. Anything to worry about?

I had total knee replacement 10/12 & now I feel 3 small knots the size of a pea on top of my knee they are not painful but I would like to know if it is any thing to worry about
Posted Sat, 6 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 21 minutes later

Such knots above the knee can be following things - loose bodies, calcification, bursal effusion or old organised clots.If they are symptom-less and stable then one doesn't need to worry about them.

You can have your doctor to have look at it, when you visit clinic next time.Doctor after clinical evaluation would decide if xray is needed.Most such cases don't need any treatment.

Hope this helps.Regards.