Done tonometer test while pregnant, taken anesthetic. Harmful to foetus?

I've just been for an eye test and all was fine until she tried to do the test where they blow air into your eyes to test pressure. It was getting a high reading because I was tense so she had to do a different test called a tonometer. She had to put some drops in my eyes which I just realised are an anaesthetic type eyedrop. I didn't ask her about it and she said all would be gone in twenty mins. I'm only eight days past ovulation and not had a positive test back yet but I'm worried that if I am I shouldn't of had it done incase I've harmed the baby. I'm panicking a bit.
Posted Fri, 7 Sep 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
You can receive some local anesthetics for necessary treatment while you are pregnant. Still it will be better to inform the consulting doctor about that you might be pregnant so that they can avoid drugs which are contraindicated during pregnancy.
Presently i don't think you need to worry. Use urine pregnancy test kit to confirm the pregnancy and perform the test at least week after missed period, done earlies there will be chances of it being false negative and preferably use early morning sample of urine.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.