Done thyroid tests. What do the results say, advise?

Question
I have done t3,t4,tsh test following are the results--
T3-<0.40
T4-0.63
TSH- >60.0
I am consulting our family doctor, please advice me adout the results
Posted Mon, 18 Jun 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 6 hours later

Dear XXXXXXX
Your thyroid reports are suggestive of severe primary hypothyroidism which means your thyroid gland is not producing enough thyroid hormones. Your T3 and T4 levels are very low and TSH is very high. This is the classic picture of severe primary hypothyroidism. You will need to take lifelong thyroxine tablets. The earlier the treatment is started, the better it is for you. Although the hypothyroidism is severe, treatment is quite simple. You just need to take thyroxine tablets daily under the supervision of your treating physician. I hope I have addressed your concerns.
I would be available for follow ups.

Follow-up: Done thyroid tests. What do the results say, advise? 3 hours later
Dear Sir,
Thanks for your advice, to whom i should consult and is their is any side effects of thyroxine tablets.
sir i was ot having any medical problem earlier than why this happen to me , is any ayurvedic treatment or natural way is available to treat this desease.

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 11 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX
You should see an endocrinologist. There are no side effects as such of thyroxine because it is normal hormone produced inside everyone. Since ur body is not producing enough hormone we are supplementing it from outside.
As to why it happened to you- it is an autoimmune process and the entire process is too complex to explain to you. Roughly 1-2% of people will have this sort of problem. There are no major problems if you take thyroxine regularly. I wouldn't advice any ayurvedic treatment or natural way because taking thyroxine is the most natural way of treatment.

Follow-up: Done thyroid tests. What do the results say, advise? 7 days later
Dear Sir,

i have visited endo and he prescribed me following

1. Elthroxine 150 mcg
2. xtpara tab (paracetamol sustain release tablets)1000mg one daily
3. omee-d capsules
4. Etizolm tab , one daily before sleep

sir you might be thinking that i am cross checking a doctor prescription but i am a bit scared now and as he is the only endo in our city i just want to take your advice on medication also,
please suggest me

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 16 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX
Depending on your body weight you may require Eltroxin anywhere between 100- 150 mcg/d. You can start with 1/2 tab daily and after 10 days make it 1 tab daily. All other drugs prescribed to you are required only for a short term. Remember only Eltroxin has to be taken lifelong.
Shivaprasad

Dear Sir,
my body weight is 67KG and height is 5'9".
sir after how many days i have to check my values again , my doctor has asked me to come after one and half month.
my doctor has conducted a anti TPO ab test and found positive.

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 5 hours later
you can check after 6-8 weeks. Final dose will depend on follow up results.