Done thyroid test, on eltroxin for hypothyroid. Feel slightly overactive. Suggest?

Excellent

Endocrinologist
Question
My tsh is 2 but my free t4 is 21.8 . I feel slightlt overactive. Am i hyper ? Am on eltroxin for hypothyroid
Posted Mon, 14 Oct 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Iatrogenic thyrotoxicosis.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Mr. XXXXXXX Hi and regards from XXXXXXX So far whatever information you have given me only suggests drug over dosage. I would request you to tell me a few things.
1. Since when have you been diagnosed as hypothyroid?
2. What were your diagnostic reports?
3. What dose of eltroxin are you taking?
4. What are the reference range of the lab where you got this recent report done?
5. How regular or irregular you are in taking the medicine?
Regards!

Follow-up: Done thyroid test, on eltroxin for hypothyroid. Feel slightly overactive. Suggest? 4 minutes later
I am hypo for 25 years in thyrox 137.5 mcg everyday. How can tsh of 2 be hyper ? My dictor says its normal i feel fime my heartcrate is around 85? In my lab free t4 range is upto 24

Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Euthyroid!

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX TSH of 2 and FT4 of 21.8 are both not normal. They do not make you hyperthyroid. your heart rate of 85/minute is also normal. so you are euthyroid i.e. your thyroid balance is normal both clinically and biochemically. then why did you bother to ask whether you are hyper? you are not , you and your thyroid balance both are absolutely fine. So you can just relax. Regards!

Thanks doctor i asked because i am too overactive and charged up. Cant relax. So i was feeling if i was over though tshbis normal

Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 23 hours later
Brief Answer:
Thyroid profile is normal.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX you are overactive and not able to relax, that may be your personality, thyroid profile is normal. Regards!