Done surgery for burst appendix. Change in stools. No cramps. Reason?

Dec 2012

I had a burst appendix Feb. 8. No surgery just tubes in abdomen. Ever since my bowels have been different. Mostly thin the size of 1 in. diameter. A few times larger but since last of XXXXXXX they have been this size. I have the urge to go every morning, never miss, around 6:30 am. It is soft curved and a good color. But why so thin? I have no cramps or problem the rest of the day. I had a colonoscopy the in April and all ok. Why this change now since my apprendix burst? It is ok or could there be a reason? I take probiotics, vitamins, and a few more. Could they be doing this?
Posted Sat, 10 Aug 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

First of all I do not think it is something you should worry about. Normally if your appendix burst then it means that you probably had the infection spread to the rest of your abdomen, reason why tubes were placed in your abdomen.
The infection might have caused a little change in bowel movement (intestinal absorptions) but it does not mean that you are having a problem. If you are on a perfect diet and colonoscopy shows nothing particular, then I feel you should be rest assured that there is no problem.

Hope this helps and wish you the best.