Ask a Dentist   »  

Done sputum test. Prescribed Moxicip, AB phyllins and Telekast. Can I start using these medicines or are there any side-effects?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
last week I was diagnosed and found good in chest X XXXXXXX or any other blood tests except sputum test.
Based on the sputum test results I was suggested to use the below medicines. Can I start using these medicines or is there any side effects because of these medicines?
Moxicip-400 mg
AB phyllins SR 200
Telekast F
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 35 minutes later

According to your tests you appear to have a respiratory bacterial infection. Your Chext X-ray being normal suggests possibility of only upper respiratory infection.

Nothing to worry. You can start the medication as recommended by your Doctor because the bacteria need to be killed in order to eradicate the infection. The Moxicip 400mg will do a good job in most cases. The AB Phyllins SR will help you to breath better.

Since you are having allergic problem the medicine Telekast F is given to prevent allergic reaction an cough.

Kindly take a balanced diet. Keep well hydrated. Exercise moderately for 40 minutes a day. Sleep for 6-8 hours a day. Do Yoga for stress relief. All these methods help to improve body's immune system which will fight the infection faster and you will recover soon. Avoid junk food, smoking, alcohol, going near polluted or smoke areas as these can make it worse and prevent cure.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Wishing speedy recovery.