Done spinal tap, dizziness, feeling faint. Negative for syphilis

Jan 2013

I got a spinal tap and the results show 96% lymphocytes and 4% monocytes. I have been very dizzy and feeling like fainting. I am HIV+
Spinal tap was for syphilis (negative) but coincidentally I got really sick around the same time
Posted Sun, 30 Sep 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 1 hour later
Kindly post full report of spinal tap.
Have you undergone spinal fluid ADA and TB PCR?
With decreased immunity in HIV, patient is predisposed to opportunistic infection such as viral, fungal and bacterial infection.
Your spinal tap report suggest Tubercular etiology as the predominant lymphocytes (96%).
You should consult with physician and should go for Spinal fluid ADA, TB PCR and Gold TB quantiferon test for confirmation.
You should also go for chest x XXXXXXX and sputum examination.
You should also go for CT/ MRI scan brain.
Put your views also.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava