Done sperm count, prescribed Trazure M and Doxy1. Kindly confirm if this is ok

Infertility Specialist
Am planning for another Kid.

My Sperm Analysis say Sperm Count as 16.6 mn, which as per my understanding is less as the normal range is between 20mn to 200mn.

On the same lines, one of my doctor have suggested me to take Trazure M , daily one tablet till the time my wife conceive. This will help to increase the count.

Am also taking Doxy1 for some 3-4 erthocytes.

Kindly confirm if this is OK.

Is there anything to worry much if the count is 16mn.
Posted Sat, 29 Sep 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Nandita Thakkar 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in.

As mentioned the semen count is slightly lower. hence your consultant would have suggested the medication. Doxycycline is usually given if there is any sign of infection

Please go ahead with the medication as suggested. If your wife does not get pregnant in 3 months then further investigations will be needed

Hope to have answered your query
Dr Nandita Thakkar