Done semen analysis test, acrosomeless sperms seen. Please explain the situation

Sir, I had a analysis today and report is as follows

Normal          -     4%
Abnormal     -     96%
Head defects     -     75%
Mid piece defects     20%
Tail defect     -     1%

Vitality           -     85%

Other findings     -     1-3 pc Occ epi cells, 4-5 imm sperms cells are mostly acrosomeless sperms are seen.

Please go through my medical history filled in herewith and explain the situation?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
I have the report attached with this query.
There are 96% sperms with abnormal morphology suggestive of Teratospermia or teratozoospermia - a condition characterized by the presence of sperms with abnormal morphology that affects fertility in males.

Normal semen should contain at least 30% sperms with normal morphology, to achieve a normal pregnancy.

The presence of abnormally-shaped sperm can negatively affect fertility by reducing sperm motility and/or preventing sperm from adhering to the ovum. Achieving a pregnancy may be difficult.

Treatment of this condition can be done with medications called Antiestrogens, for a few weeks.

If Antiestrogens are not helpful, then the condition can be treated with intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI), which is injecting sperm directly into the egg. Once the egg is fertilized, abnormal sperm morphology does not affect continuation of pregnancy.

You might consult your treating doctor or a fertility specialist if you have any doubts or concerns.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.