Done semen analogy test, high neutrophil level, severe amorphous semen. What do these mean?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My husband recently took a semen analogy test and it came back that his levels of neutrophils were extremely high (6 million) and his semen was 79% "severe amorphous". We have no idea what either of these mean and would like to know that and also what we can do to correct both of these issues? Please help!! We've been trying for over a year and I've been tested with everything normal.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 37 minutes later

Does your husband have any burning sensation on passing urine ?

Any lower abdominal pain, fever, fatigue ?

Usually presence of high number of neutrophils means that there is a severe infection either in the urinary tract of in the sperm transporting system. Neutrophils are cells in the blood that fight bacterial infections. The infection can come from many sources like sexually transmitted infections, low immunity, previous trauma to urethra, penis or testis etc.

The infection could be a cause for the infertility. It is important to eradicate the infection Kindly ask your husband to follow these instructions.

He must drink 2-3 litres of water a day. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables everyday. Do daily exercise for 40 minutes like brisk walking. All these will help strengthen the immune system and help fight the infection better. Also he can take Tablet Paternia once a day for a month, under medical supervision as this has plenty of anti-oxidant activity which will strengthen the sperms for reproduction. An antibiotic like Levofloxacin tablet once a day for 5 days will do good in clearing most infections, but better to get the urine tested for the kind of infection so that the right antibiotic is taken.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Wishing speedy recovery.