Ask a Urologist   »  

Done router rooter procedure to ease urination. Done biopsy. On careful watch. Adequate treatment?

I am treated by the veterans administration. I had what I call a router rooter procedure so that I could pee better. I had 300 biopsy done during the treatment and only one showed a XXXXXXX score of 2 + 3. Based on that I am on careful watching. Do you feel this is adequate treatment - non treatment?
Posted Sat, 24 Aug 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 2 hours later

Your XXXXXXX score of 2+3 suggests the total of 5 out of 10. The scoring depends on the microscopic examination of your prostate tissue biopsies.

Since your 1st score is 2, it suggests that the most abnormal looking cells are with in normal boundaries but are little active. The second score suggests the most common looking cells.

The score is 2+3 and is better than 3+2 in prognosis even though both will sumup for 5.

At your stage the treatment is wait and watch for any progression as the progression to cancer is less with this score and only one biopsy sample is showing out of 300. So no need to worry now but have regular follow up with your doctor.

Even the scoring depends on the tissue handling and the pathologist. So have regular follow up to watch for its behaviour. This is the treatment for now.

Hope I answered your query. If you have any queries please feel free to ask me. I will be glad to answer them.

Wish you good health.