Done nose cauterization, bleeding spontaneously. Is my nose clearing a blood clot?

I have had my nose cauterized on Tuesday morning it is now Thursday evening in Australia and it started bleeding spontaneously all of a sudden this afternoon but after applying pressure for 4 minutes it stopped before it would take about half an hour to stop until I had it cauterized. Does this mean that it is getting better and that the bleed was just on the off chance and my nose clearing a blood clot. Thanks XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 11 Sep 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 34 minutes later
Thanks for writing in to Heathcare Magic!
Such stray bleeding is common in immediate post-operative period.
May be a small vessel is spare around the cautery that is the source of this bleeding but it was surely lighter than earlier.
You can weight when the wound will heal by local scarring this vessel will also get thrombosed and you will get further relief but time will only answer how much relief.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!