Done liver function test and blood test. Interpretation?

Question
i send the lab report for Haematology & Liver funtion test report. see the reports and guide me

HAEMATOLOGY
--------------

WBC Count : *9500 Cells/cumm

Haemoglobin : 15.1 gm%

DIFFERENTIAL COUNT

Neutrophils : *36%

Lymphocytes : *50%

Eosinophils : *11%

Monocytes : 03%

Basophils : 00%

RBC Count : 5.17 mill/Cumm

Platelet Count : *4.35 Lakhs / Cumm

Packed cell volume (PCV) : 44.3 %

ESR (Westergren) : 5 mm/ 1 Hr

Peripheral Smear

RBC : Normocytic Normochromic.

WBC : No Immature / Abnormal cells

Platelets : Shows Mild Thrombocytosis

HAEMOPARASITES : Not Detected

Blood Indices :
--------------

M.C.V : 85.7fl

M.C.H : 29.2 pg

M.C.H.C : 34.1 %

LIVER FUNCTION TEST
----------------------------
S BILIRUBIN

TOTAL : 1.1 mg %

DIRECT : 0.4 mg %

In Direct : 0.7 mg %

S TOTAL PROTIEN : 6.7 gm %

S ALBUMIN : 4.3 gm %

S GLOBULINS : 2.4 gm %

A/G RATIO : 1.8:1

AST (S.G.O.T) : 30 U/L

ALT (S.G.P.T) : 27 U/L

ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE : 74 U/L
Posted Tue, 27 Aug 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Your blood tests are normal. The direct bilirubin's slight elevation may indicate an obstructive cause which needs clinical correlation. Your clinical examination is needed and associated symptoms need to evaluated.

Gall stones if any causing the obstruction may need radiological tests too. And prescription drugs to dissolve the stones if validated.

Get examined by a doctor immediately and get dietary advice too, as this will help in the long run.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Sincerely,

Dr Sujeet N Charugulla,
MBBS, MD.
Consultant Physician.

Follow-up: Done liver function test and blood test. Interpretation? 7 minutes later
I HAVE NO ANY PAIN. AND NO ANY SYMPTOMS.PLEASE GUIDE ME. AND WHAT THREATMENT CAN I TAKE.PLEASE GUIDE FOR RIGHT DICISSION.

Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 6 minutes later
Thanks for the reply.

As you do not have any symptoms - I do not recommend any treatment advice now. I would advice dietary changes as below, and reporting to a doctor if any new symptoms arise.

I would also like to know why you were advised to do these tests in the first place.

In short - low fat and high fiber diet :
Fresh fruits and vegetables
Whole grains (whole-wheat bread, brown rice, oats, XXXXXXX cereal)
Low-fat dairy products

Let me know of further concerns,

Sincerely,

Follow-up: Done liver function test and blood test. Interpretation? 5 minutes later
AN INCREASE AND DECREASE IN HAEMOGRAM DIFERENT COUNT IF ANY SYMTOMS IN HAEMOGRAM REPORT.

Thanks for same.

The mild thrombocytosis namely the lymphocytes, eosinophils and platelets - that is shown indicates the body reaction to the possible obstruction I visualize.

This has to correlated clinically and hence I asked you the above questions. And these levels will increase or decrease depending on the underlying body response to the obstructive condition in the gall bladder/liver ducts.

Let me know of any further concerns.

Sincerely,