Done hysteroscopy, have failed IVFs, taken Forecox and Akt4. Now am pregnant and am worried about side effects of medication taken

Hi dr..I m 37 year old,I have 10 year old daughter,last 2 years I got two fail is chemical pregnancy .infertility specialist suggest me hysteroscopy.last April 20 th I have done hysteroscopy,5 th may my period came,tb PCR positive so i start medicines last 27 days, first 20 days forecox and last seven days he change akt4 but today got to know that 7 weeks pregnent I m worried for medicines I taken and it's side effect..pls guide me..from tomorrow dr told me to stop akt 4and start akt 2, is akt 2 safe during pregnancy?, my dr tell me it is safe..
Posted Tue, 17 Jul 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 38 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

AKT-4 contains isoniazid, rifampicin, ethambutol and pyrazinamide.

But AKT-2 contains only isoniazid and rifampicin.

As isoniazid and rifampicin are not contraindicated in pregnancy, thus can be given during pregnancy.

If you have further query in this regard, please feel free to ask.

With good wishes,