Done full body massage from male, had pimple burst on back. Risk of HIV transmission?

I am a 39 year old male. 10 days back, I decided to opt for a full body massage from a male. I had a big pimple burst on my back a day back and it was not completely healed. He massaged my back and then during the massage, the massuer licked my anus deeply with his tongue going in and also inserted his finger . I sucked his testicles and then after he also put on a condom I sucked him for a couple of minutes, though he did not ejaculate. He then proceed to suck my penis, after I put on a condom and finished with me ejaculating. On asking him, he told he has been in this profession for the last 3 years and I take it that he would be basically indulging in sexual activities with majority of his clients. I am now very worried about hiv transmission and on asking the masseur, he was not ready to comment on his hiv status, which means he might be hiv +ve. Am I now at a risk of hiv transmission? I have not examined whether there were any cuts or injuries on his hand or mouth.
Posted Tue, 21 Aug 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 1 hour later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

HIV is not present in saliva. It is not transmitted through skin to skin contact also.

Though you had a burst pimple on your back and presuming that masseur didn't had any ulcer on his hands, chances of HIV transmission due to massage are negligible.

Similarly if there was no ulcer on his scrotum and he put on a condom before you sucked, chances of HIV transmission are not present.

If he doesn't suffer from ulcer on tongue, there should be no transmission due to licking your anus by him.

Though chances are very very less, you should consult a Skin and VD specialist and can take post exposure treatment.

You should get your HIV tested after 3 & 6 months.

Thanks for posting your query.Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.

If you have further concerns in this regard, I would be happy to discuss those with you as well.

With good wishes,

Follow-up: Done full body massage from male, had pimple burst on back. Risk of HIV transmission? 9 minutes later
Thanks Doctor,

When you refer to post exposure treatment is it PEP for Hiv or for other STD? Today is the 11th day post the incident.

Is there any HIV test that I can undergo at end of 5th week to calm myself?
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 18 minutes later

Welcome again,

If partner is HIV positive, post exposure treatment can be given within 72 hours.

As it is already eleventh day, there seems no use of post exposure treatment.

Development of antibodies takes 3 to 12 weeks, thus it is better to get HIV tested after 3 months.

Diagnosis of HIV infection prior to seroconversion can be done by measuring HIV-RNA or p24 antigen.