Done cryotherapy for genital warts. Reason for reurrence?

Mar 2013
Hi i was unfortuneatly told i had genial warts a couple months ago. They were really small and i was given cryothearpy to get rid. But theyc come back? Why?:(
Posted Tue, 27 Aug 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 17 minutes later

Firstly you need to confirm that the genital warts were due to HPV infection.
There is no specific XXXXXXX cure XXXXXXX for HPV.

Most people carry the infection through their life, however they can remain symptom free if their immunity is good.

In those in whom warts do manifest, they are notorious for recurrence.

Most treated warts recur, especially in the first 3 months after treatment.

They would have to be dealt with again by your doctor.

Please follow safe sex practices to avoid transmission, and consult your doctor again for removal of the warts.

Follow-up: Done cryotherapy for genital warts. Reason for reurrence? 3 hours later
So they will be with me forever? I dont understand the different hpv's. i was just told i had very small genital warts and to use cryotherapy and they will go. Is this life threatening ?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later

HPV is not life threatening, however if you do have HPV, it stays with you forever, however as I said, most people remain asymptomatic.

Since your warts are recurring, you should have proper HPV typing, as some HPV subtypes are associated with an increased risk of Cervical cancer later on.

Please visit a Gynecologist for a Pap smear and HPV typing, as well as removal of the warts.