Done complete hysterectomy. Have vaginal bleeding now

I had a complete hystetectomy about 5 years ago. Recently I've started having vaginal bleeding. Not real heavy but when I go to bathroom
Posted Sat, 6 Apr 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

Bleeding per vaginum in post hysterectomised state is very rare.

Such bleeding can be from vaginal walls or the vault. It could probably be due to trauma during intercourse if you are sexually active or could be due to presence of any growth in the walls or if a part of cervix is left behind.

Do get yourself examined by a gynecologist at the earliest to know the exact site and cause for the bleeding.

Hope, I answered your query.

Please do let me know if there are any other concerns.