Done complete blood work. What does the report indicate?

General Surgeon
I had a complete blood work up done on me. I am a female aged 52.. What does it mean when it says I have a slightly abnormal blood test result?

I should be a bit more specific, so here goes under "chemistry" my AST # was 37 H. The range for this is (14-36). under Blood Count" my RBC was 5.13 and the range is (3.70-5.00), my HGH was 16.4 and the range is (12.0-16.0) and lastly my Hct was 48.1 and the range is (36.0-46.0. So any opinions would be much appreciated. thank you in advance for your time & help
Posted Tue, 7 May 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 50 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Reference ranges are based of the average results of some part of population established by some tests done in the past. So we can say it is only statistic. Slightly abnormal tests results usually does not indicate anything serious. It so is at your case.
AST 37 is not an abnormal result for sure. If there is any liver problem, this indicator is around 1000. So for sure this does not indicate anything serious.
Your RBC, HGB and HCT levels are slightly elevated, most likely due to dehydration. Low liquids intake can give such results. And this is very common.
You should be worried if this 3 indicators would be low, not slightly elevated.
So in conclusion, there is nothing to worry about.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.