Done blood work, numbers in high range. Why should I be concerned? What are these indicative of?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Blood work results. I know that these numbers are in the high range. Why should I be concerned? What are these indicative of? A1C total 6.2%, leukocytes 13.9, creatinine 1.29. Should they be looked at in combination? All other test results are in normal range.
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 6 hours later
The values of HbA1C , leukocytes and creatinine are all borderline raised and are not worrisome in the absence of any clinical signs and symptoms. Raised HbA1C levels indicate mildly raised blood glucose levels, raised leukocytes do indicate a mild infection and raised creatinine indicates a mildly compromised renal function. In your case these findings are not worrisome. You can get a follow up investigations done after 6 months to see the trend.
In case you have any symptoms like fever, chills, weight loss, increased appetite, etc then you may consult your physician for further evaluation.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Done blood work, numbers in high range. Why should I be concerned? What are these indicative of? 4 hours later
I failed to include: Glucose 129, potassium 4.0, sodium 137. Does this change anything? Should I be concerned? Pre-diabetic? Thank you...
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Thanks for writing again.
The results of serum glucose if these are fasting levels are slightly high. Serum sodium and potassium are normal. You can get a glucose tolerance test done to diagnose any clinical diabetes. Otherwise the reports are not worrisome.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.