Done blood tests which is normal. Any suggestions on it?

Oncologist
Question
i just recently had some blood work done and have some concerns
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 14 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.

I have reviewed your blood tests which look largely normal. There are some slight abnormities noted in the urinalysis which are non-specific; meaning they are not reflective of any worrisome process. Leukocyte esterase is positive in the urine which can sometimes indicate an infection. If you are having any urinary symptoms you should discuss this with your doctor who may then consider an antibiotic for you.

Your good cholesterol or HDL is a bit low. If you increase the frequency and duration of your exercise regimen this should improve with some time.

Hope this answers your query. If there are other specific concerns I would be happy to address those with you as well.

Sincerely,

Dr. Galamaga

Follow-up: Done blood tests which is normal. Any suggestions on it? 58 minutes later
i consumed no liquids the day of the test could that have caused abnormal results in some of the areas we discussed

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 12 hours later
Hello and thanks for the followup.

Not consuming liquids the day of the test would not have much of an impact on the results.

Can you tell me any specific concerns you have regarding the test results? I can then discuss those in more detail with you.

Sincerely,

Dr Galamaga